The vision of New Covenant Church of Atlanta
Acts 2:17 – Where the Spirit of God is being poured out upon ALL people.
To provide a spiritual climate that is conducive to encountering the Presence of God
- We desire to have an encounter with the Presence of God corporately and individually through worship (Psalm 139:13 | Psalm 100:1-5).
- We honor and esteem the teaching of the Word of God and Prayer (1 Cor. 1:21 | Acts 2:42-47)
- We reach out without compromise to those who are not born-again with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We equip believers with understanding and implementation of Covenant Kingdom principals and activation of their gifts and callings in order to live in the Spirit, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, operate supernaturally, and function in the church with unity and in the world with compassion (Ephesians 4:11-12 | Gal. 5:25 | 1 Cor. 12 | Romans 8:14)
What We Believe
- All People, regardless of age, race, gender and/or sexual-orientation, can receive the born-again experience through Jesus Christ. (Acts 10:35, Romans 10:11)
- There is one God manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return;
- In the work of the Holy Spirit with His fruit and gifts available in the Church;
- The Bible is the living word of God – authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine;
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being-the devil;
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the new birth by faith in Jesus Christ;
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues;
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God;
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission
Theme for 2010:
When you sound the signal to move on … (the camp shall) move forward (Numbers 10:5 NLT)
2009 was the year of Wine and Oil. It was the year we were to experience a crushing season, a time when pressure was applied to us as a congregation in order to get the healing atmosphere strengthened in this place. Wine and oil are products that release healing attributes (Luke 10:34). Wine and oil are products that are only released through crushing.
The crushing came through various methods – heartache in relationships, the ending of relationships, financial and job related trials both locally and throughout the entire nation, emotional trials, and a spiritual warfare like I have never seen.
The crushing season has passed (is passing), and now is the time for us to look toward the shifting vision that God is giving us for this year. We have just entered into the 2nd quarter of 2010, and now is the time, more than ever, to war for the fulfillment of the prophetic utterance that God has given us for 2010.
2010 is the year of “Moving Forward.” God has released a sound in the spirit realm, and it is the sound to move on. We must “forget those things that are behind” (Phil. 3:14-15) and move forward. We must resolve to let go of bitterness, unforgiveness, and unfulfilled ideals. Now is the time for us to go forward without interruption. The Kingdom of God is actively invading the earth realm, and it is time for us to jump into the fray (Matthew 11:12).
Some Strategies for Moving Forward:
• Quarterly 24 Hour Period of Prayer
• Quarterly Corporate Period of Fasting
• Renewed hunger for studying the Word of God and preaching the Word
• Renewed emphasis on training, outreach, and ministry development
• Move locations
As we move forward, we will be moving locations this year, some of our emphases will shift as our outreach grows, our family will grow, and God will be glorified.
Father, use us for your glory. Glorify the Name of Jesus among us. Make New Covenant Church of Atlanta a place of meeting with you, a house of prayer, a place where we assemble together and hear from you, celebrate you, and sense your Presence, always. Continue to make us a family, create in us so much love that when people walk in, they sense your love flowing out from us to them and to each other.
Father, help us to reach out, help us to grow, and teach us your ways. We want to know you, and we want your presence with us.
Lord, strengthen us to do what you have called us to do – help us to reach the lost, equip the saved, heal the sick, strengthen and encourage the weak and discouraged, and help us to be faithful stewards over this work that you have so graciously created. Help us to walk and live in the Spirit and help us to see ministries birthed and released.
Father, give us tender hearts toward you, toward each other, and toward the lost.
Lord, thank you for all that you are doing and all that you are going to do, In Jesus’ name, amen.