So many things are needed in this life to help make our lives enjoyable and fulfilling – relationships, encouragement, money, spiritual power, healing and health, etc. As believers, we must learn God’s method for supplying our needs in order to have our needs met. In this article, I hope to shed some light on how you can get all your needs met and how you can see God’s power released into your life and the lives of those around you.
How Does God Create?
God’s creative power is what we must learn to access. It is His creative power that releases healing, miracles, and provision into our lives. So, how does God create? God creates by words. In Genesis chapter 1, we see God creating everything. When He created, He simply would say, “Let there be…” and then what He said, He saw. God creates by speaking.
Simply put, we access God’s creative power by His Word. His Word (The Bible) contains His Words, His Promises, and His guarantees for provision; THE BIBLE CONTAINS GOD’S CREATIVE ABILITY. It’s not magic; It’s not mystical; however, it is God’s revealed plans and purposes as He has revealed them to humanity (2 Peter 1:21 / 2 Timothy 3:16) and God’s miracle working ability is contained within those thoughts and words just waiting to be released into the earth.
If God wants me to have something, He’ll make sure I get it… Or….. Maybe Not
Someone may say, “If God wants me to have something, He’ll make sure that I get it.” While God is sovereign, He is bound to His Word, because God and His Word are one (John 1:1). When God created the earth and gave dominion to Adam and Eve, He, through His Word, released the earth realm into Adam and Eve’s authority. When Adam and Eve sinned, their submission to Satan legally transferred the authority of the earth over to Satan (see Genesis 1-3 and 2 Corinthians 4:4). Jesus, who is the “living Word of God” came in human form (see John 1), He completely submitted to the Word of God and recaptured the authority over the earth and re-delegated that authority to His Church (Matthew 28:18-20). His Word is now His written representation of that authority. So, God is still bound by His Word and His delegation of the earth realm to humanity. Because of His Word, He cannot simply give things to those who are not prepared to receive those things. God does not operate illegally, against His own plans and purposes. This is why there are hungry people in the earth, lost people in the earth, etc. We’re not waiting on God to do something; He is waiting on US TO ACTIVATE HIS WORD IN THE EARTH THROUGH OUR ACTIONS AND FAITH CONFESSIONS.
God’s Ultimate Plans will always be fulfilled; however, there are times when God’s plans for individuals can be missed. For example, God’s called you to live a life with provisions met, the enemy destroys your job through whatever means, he then torments you with fear, doubt, and unbelief, so you’re hindered from walking in the life God has for you. The Word of God is given to us so that God’s plans for our lives won’t be thwarted by the enemy and when those plans are thwarted, we have the Word to recapture and reclaim what was taken from us. The Word of God reveals God’s plans, and we utilize His Word to pull His purposes out of the spiritual realm into the natural realm.
The enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10), but God wants you to have a full life. The enemy will do his best to hinder provision from coming into your life. The other side of that, God won’t force something into your life that you are incapable of receiving. Therefore, the key to all provision in our lives, all that we should ever need, is THE WORD OF GOD!!!
How Do I Activate God’s Word?
- Read and Listen to it (Romans 10:14-17) – Find a translation that’s easy for you to read, and read it. Find a good Bible believing church, and go to church regularly and listen to it being preached. Download it to your Ipod, your phone, your computer, etc, and listen to it. Listen, listen, listen to the Word. I can’t overemphasize that enough!!!!
- Study it – In order to find out what the Bible says about situations, you must research it and study it. Find out what the Bible says about your needs. If you need money, what does the Word of God say about financial provision?
- Meditate on It – Here is where the Holy Spirit will become so very, very active. Take a passage or two and think about them. Mentally say the scripture over and over. Whisper it, think about it, and meditate on it (see Joshua 1:8).
- Confess it – The word “Confess” in the Greek New Testament is “Homologeo,” which means to “say the same thing as…” When we are “confessing the Word,” we are saying the same thing that God says. We are speaking “God-talk,” and we are releasing God’s Creative ability into the earth, into our lives, and into the lives of those around us. For example, if we are struggling with fear, the Word of God says in 2 Timothy 1:7, “God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, of love, and a sound mind.” So, I make it personal, “God has not given me a spirit of fear. God has given me power, God has given me love, and God has given me a sound mind. The Word says this to be true, and I receive it, In Jesus’ Name.” Making Scripture personal is vital to the power of confession.
- Believe it – Jesus said that just speaking something without faith won’t produce results (Mark 11:22-24 and Matthew 6:7). Since faith is necessary, how do we produce it? Romans 10:17 says that “faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.” In order to see results of what we are saying, we must believe it, but in order to believe it, we must hear it. The best way to hear the Word is for you to confess the Word. As you are confessing the Word of God it will build faith into your heart. To use the example in point 4, preach to yourself, “God has not given me fear… God has given me power!!!” Preach to yourself, preach to yourself, preach to yourself, that’s at the heart of building belief.
- Confess it – AGAIN!!! – Keep confessing the Word. How long… you may ask… Until it manifests, until you see what you say. Speak the Word, say what God says, until you see what God says.
The Healing Power of God’s Word
Psalm 107:20 says that God “sent His Word and healed…”
If you or someone you love needs healing, you can access God’s creative, healing power by the Word of God. Find all the Scriptures on healing, follow the above steps, and declare what God has said about healing until healing manifests. Someone might say, “I tried that, and the person I was praying for died…” OK, what do we do when it seems that something “doesn’t work?” Let me ask you this, “how often do you ‘feel’ saved?” When you don’t “feel” saved, what do you do? You walk by faith and regardless of what you’ve seen or feel, you still believe it. Every circumstance is individual. We don’t know all that happens behind the scenes in the spiritual realm; however, if someone is under 80 or so, and they get sick, I’m going to speak and speak and speak and speak the Word of God until they are healed – period… The Word works, it never fails, NEVER, regardless of external circumstances.
If you or someone you love needs healing, speak the Word, meditate on what God has said about healing, and declare that you receive healing.
God’s Word is Seed!!! Grow something today!!!
Finally, imagine that your life is like a garden. You have various rows: finances, relationship with God, other relationships, church, etc. What do you want growing in your rows? The Word has many promises, which act as seeds in the spiritual realm, but you have to plant them with the words of your mouth. As you are walking through life, the words you are saying are being sown into those rows. If you say, “I’ll be in debt forever,” you have just sown that seed into the row of your finances. If you say, “I get sick this time of year, every year, it’ll be the same this year…” you have just sown a seed in the row of your health. If you say, “by His Stripes, I am healed” (Isa. 53:5), you have just sown Word of God seed into the row of your health. If you say, “My God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Jesus Christ” (Phil. 4:19), you have just sown Word of God seed into the row of your finances. If you say, “I draw near to God, and He draws near to me” (James 4:8), you have just sown Word of God seed into the row of your relationship with God. Take the Word, speak it, and sow seed toward a purpose, toward a destiny.
God’s Word is God’s Creative Power. Read the Word, study it, find out what the Word of God says, meditate on it, and speak it, speak it, speak it. Let the Word of God be your spiritual nourishment, daily. Feed your heart with the Word every single day, and you’ll find that God’s creative power will begin to flow out of you all the time
3 thoughts on “Releasing God’s Creative Power”
I have been worshiping and letting the dance come forth as if I was at the immersed conference and every word was dripping signifigence it was so powerful to me. Then i saw this blog !! neato : )
God’s word spoken from a heart filled with faith would always produce the desired result. Thanks for these masterpiece, am blessd.
Does the Bible have supernatural powers?
Do Christians believe that the Bible has supernatural powers?
If you lay your Bible next to the bed of a sick person, will your Bible heal him or her? Will the Bible levitate from off of your coffee table, if you pray hard enough? If you wave your Bible over the head of a sinner three times, will he be saved by its powers?
Of course not.
So when Christians speak of the Bible, God’s Word, having incredible power, what do we mean?
If you ask an evangelical Christian to answer this question, this is what he will probably say: “Of course the actual book—the leather binder and the pages—have no power; it is the meaning of the words inside that have power. It is the message of the Gospel that has power. It is the message that God offers the free gift of salvation, if the sinner will only make the decision to reach out and accept God’s offer of eternal life.”
If you ask an orthodox (confessional) Lutheran Christian this question, this is the answer you will hear: “Of course the actual book, the binder and pages, have no power, but the words on those pages have incredible power. And its not just the meaning of the words that has incredible power…it is the words of God themselves that have power!
When Christ calmed the wind and the waves on the Sea of Galilee, he did so by the power of his words. When Christ raised Lazarus from the dead, he did so by the power of his words. And when Christ’s words, the Scriptures, are spoken or read today, God grants faith, saves sinners, and washes away their sins.
It isn’t just the meaning of his words that have power, dear evangelical brothers and sisters, the power of the Bible is in Christ’s actual words! The words of Christ, referred to collectively as the Word, really and truly do have supernatural…heavenly powers!
This is why the Christian Church since the time of the Apostles has taught that God saves in Holy Baptism. It isn’t magical baptismal water that saves…it is the supernatural power of God’s Word, spoken at the time of the application of the baptismal water, that saves.
Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Romans 10:17 ESV
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 1:16 ESV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
2 Timothy 3:16 ESV
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
1 Peter 1:23 ESV
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.