It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings (Proverbs 25:2 NIV).
God conceals (hides) these matters until He speaks them into our lives. Why does God conceal matters that He wants to reveal and speak to us? He will not cast pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6). What does that mean? He will not give that which is precious to those who can’t or won’t discern its value.
Regardless of what you have been through in your life, no matter how you feel, you are important to God, and He wants to give you direction, teach you revelation knowledge, give you insights, reveal mysteries, and pour out His Love. He does all those things by speaking them into your spirit. God conceals (hides) these matters until He speaks them into our lives. Why does God conceal matters that He wants to reveal and speak to us? He will not cast pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6). What does that mean? He will not give that which is precious to those who can’t or won’t discern its value. We’re KINGS NOT SWINE, and the defining difference between the two is that we discern the value of the mysteries of God; that we seek out those mysteries and push to HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD. As kings and priests, each of us is called to walk in the honor of Kingship, which is to search out hearing the Voice of God. Today, if you want to hear the voice of God, before you even begin listening for Him, decide that His Word is PRECIOUS to your heart, and that when He does speak, you will write it down, compare it to the written Word of God (the Bible), and incorporate truth into your life. This will demonstrate a heart that considers the Word of God precious, and God will trust you with more.
God’s Voice can change your life. When God created the universe, He did so by SPEAKING IT. When God wants to create (or re-create) your life, He does so by SPEAKING. You access that recreated life by hearing what He is saying and responding. Throughout the Word of God, when a prophet prophesied, when Jesus spoke the Word, when the disciples spoke the Word, lives changed. The Word has within it the ability to CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Do you need some life changes? The Voice of the Lord, the Word of God, has within it the ability to create and/or recreate your life – emotionally, financially, relationally, etc.
Today, it is time to listen for the voice of the Lord. If you are ready, here is how you can move yourself into the stream of hearing His Voice:
- Set aside time. God speaks in His own time, not necessarily ours. You may want to set aside 15-20 minutes for just listening and waiting on God everyday – outside of your normal prayer and devotional time. Making requests known is very important, but if all we are doing is talking TO God, then we’re missing out on the blessing of hearing FROM God.
- Go before the Lord with worship. Worship will activate the Voice of the Lord (Acts 13:1-3 and 2 Kings 3:11-16).
- Have a Bible to read. When God speaks, He will often give impressions, images, words, etc. Having a Bible close by will help you study as God begins to speak. Look up the images, the Words, etc when you receive them from the Lord and then study them out.
- Journal. Have a journal of some kind, so that you can write out what God says to you as He says it.
- Pray the Words back to God. When God speaks to you, whatever He has said, speak those words to God. For example, if God says to you, “I love you,” then when you have finished writing out what God has said, pray it back by simply saying something like this, “God, you have said that you love me, thank you for loving me.” God responds to His Word and sees His Word on your lips as you treasuring His Word.
Listening to the Voice of the Lord will transform your life. Treasuring His Word will carry you to higher places in Him. Set aside time today to listen to the Voice of the Lord.